[asterisk-users] How do I change the rtp packet size in a Cisco 7490 from 10ms to 20ms

Naija Man voip4naija at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 15:25:35 MST 2007

Hello,

We have an asterisk system with about 40 cisco 7940/7960 phones and a few
linksys SPA941. I recently analyzed our network and discovered that the rtp
packet size from the cisco phones is 10ms. We want to change the rtp packet
size of the Cisco phones from 10ms to 20ms. I know how to do this on linksys
phones and sipura ATAs but I cannot figure out how on the 7940/7960s. Is
this possible? Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can do achieve this?
Any tip or help will be appreciated.

Codec: ULAW
SIP firmware: 8.2

Thanks.