[asterisk-users] Nobody there, continuing...

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:36:56 MST 2007

Hi all,

Running Asterisk 1.2.12 (a bit out dated, but it was fully operational until
a few days ago), I'm seeing the following message in my logs, repeated
literally millions of times:

channel.c: Nobody there, continuing…

We've started to see some odd behavior (incoming callers can hear us, we
can't hear them, we can't dial out, etc). I read that this error might
possibly be related to not setting rtptimeout, but I've set this and the
issue persists. The symptoms seem very familiar to the types of issues we
see when the internet goes down (call routing seems to get all screwy), but
the connection appears to be fully operational when the symptoms appear. A
reboot fixes the issues for about 3/4 of a day, but then they start
happening again. Does anybody out there have any clue as to the meaning of
the "nobody there" message is?

Thanks,
Alex Robar
--