[asterisk-users] TDM400P with FXS module problem

Franz Wu franz.wu at qleap.com.tw
Fri Jan 26 10:27:03 MST 2007

Hi list

I conncte my Panasonic KX-TCD705TW cordless phone to TDM400P FXS module.
When the system boots or reboots, the LED on the backlit of TDM400P OFTEN
gets off and dmesg shows problem with FXS module, as follows

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Zaptel Version: 1.4.0 Echo Canceller: MG2
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:08.0[A] -> GSI 19 (level, low) -> IRQ 177
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Timeout waiting for calibration of module 0
Timeout waiting for calibration of module 0
Proslic Failed on Second Attempt to Auto Calibrate
Proslic Failed on Second Attempt to Calibrate Manually.
(Try -DNO_CALIBRATION in
 Makefile)
Module 0: FAILED FXS (FCC)
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (3 modules)
Registered tone zone 14 (Taiwan)

When this occurs, no dialtone is heard after off-hook.
I have to rmmod wctdm, unplug the phone cable from TDM400P, modprobe wctdm,
and plug phone cable to make this line work. The point is ztcfg without
rmmod wctdm cannot make working.

I run asterisk 1.4.0 / zaptel 1.4.0  on Debian 3.1r4. I compile from source.

Any help or recommendation will be appreciated.