[asterisk-users] TE110P and HDLC problems

Marc Patino Gómez mpatino at es.clara.net
Fri Jan 26 08:36:27 MST 2007

Problem solved :) :)

I change the OS, I install a Debian Etch x86_32bits and it works
perfectly with the following software versions:

asterisk 1.2.13
zaptel 1.2.12

so... I don't understand where was the problem..... TE110P driver
version....

The previus OS was a Ubuntu 6.10 (codename Edgy) 64bits version.

Marc Patino Gómez wrote:
> Thanks for your answers :)
>
> I use another server to test  digium board and my config, and it works
> well, so... I think the problem is between chipset, Intel 5000P and
> digium card. I will try to put the digium board in other PCI-X slots,
> and change some timing PCI parameters  in the BIOS.
>
> Regards
>

> Marc Patino Gómez wrote:
>> Hi!,
>>
>> this issue makes me crazy. I read a lot of docs, also * mailling list
>> and I try a lot of things  without success.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated. Here is the info:
>>
>> Hardware:
>> Supermicro Server with motherboard X7DB8, chipset Intel 5000P, Xeon 5050
>> Digium TE110P
>>
>> Software
>> Asterisk version 1.2.12.1
>> Zaptel version 1.2.8
>>
>> /etc/zaptel.conf
>>
>> loadzone=es
>> defaultzone=es
>> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>> bchan=1-15
>> dchan=16
>> bchan=17-31
>>
>> The dammed errors:
>>
>> Jan 25 14:11:52 NOTICE[4934]: chan_zap.c:8316 pri_dchannel: PRI got
>> event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary D-channel of span 1
>> Jan 25 14:11:52 NOTICE[4934]: chan_zap.c:8316 pri_dchannel: PRI got
>> event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1
>> Jan 25 14:11:52 NOTICE[4934]: chan_zap.c:8316 pri_dchannel: PRI got
>> event: HDLC Abort (6) on Primary D-channel of span 1
>>
>> I tried the following without success:
>>
>> - Disable Hyper Threading.
>> - Disable NIC's, RAID controller, usb, serial... to avoid shared IRQ,
>> so TE110P has his own IRQ as shows lspci -vb.
>> - Also I tried with APIC and without APIC.
>>

>> These HDLC errors appear when I physically loop the E1 interface in
>> the Card and also appear, and more frequently, when I connect the E1
>> circuit (from the Telco) to the interface of the Card.
>>

>> Thanks a lot

Marc Patino Gómez
Dpto. Sistemas

Claranet España. Servicios Internet
C/General Almirante 2-28, Torres Cerdá
08014 Barcelona
Tel. Información General: 902 884 633
Tel. Soporte Técnico: 902 884 622
Fax: +34 93 445 19 20
www.claranet.es

Claranet Group: United Kingdom - Spain - France - Germany - Portugal - Netherlands - USA