[asterisk-users] Rxfax and Txfax on Asterisk 1.4

Remzi Semsettin Turer remzit at softcom.biz
Fri Jan 26 05:06:05 MST 2007

Has anyone successfully installed spandsp and rxfax and txfax applications on 1.4.0 release of Asterisk?

I tried the latest snapshot of spandsp, as well as couple other previous versions. I compiled it fine, downloaded the asterisk.patch, manually patched the asterisk files, run .configure, make clean, make menuselect and it shows app_txfax and app_rxfax as XX (unavailable).

Each time I made sure no other spandsp versions are installed and put the proper path in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, prior to compiling Asterisk. Still no luck.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Remzi Turer