[asterisk-users] Dialplan - play sample, interrupt on * and return value?

Tony Howat arhowat at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 06:54:44 MST 2007

Hi Asteriskers,

I have the following :

exten => 1,1,Playback(sample)
exten => 1,2,Read(response,,1)
exten => 1,3,GotoIf($["${response}" != "*"]?300:100)
exten => 1,100,Playback(hello)
exten => 1,101, [[[ do stuff ]]]
exten => 1,300,Playback(reject)
exten => 1,301,Hangup

Which plays a confirmation sample, waits for the user to press * and then
continues with the application or hangs up depending on whether or not * has
been pressed.

This is fine, but I need to be able to cope with and detect when the user
presses * during the sample play, and get a return value based on this.

I can't really see a means to do this? Background is concerned with firing
off to new extensions - it seems doubtful to me that I can have a *
extension? Read() itself only provides for playing a sample before the read
with no interruptions.

Am I missing some other way? I'm more familiar with AGI and can see how to
achieve it using that interface, but I'd rather avoid it for what would be a
very small bit of dialplan code.

Thanks in advance,

--
Tony