[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail Storage

David Gomillion david.gomillion at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 05:42:54 MST 2007

On 1/25/07, Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 25 January 2007 6:30 pm, David Gomillion wrote:
> > I mean that I would like to have a system in place so that Asterisk, as
> > privileged service, can gain access to Courier's IMAP storage. Having to
> > keep track of all of our users' passwords in the Asterisk configuration
> is
> > going to provide a ridiculous amount of administration, as we force them
> > change their passwords often in our single-sign on environment.
>
> How do they log on to check their voicemail?  Is your SSO system entirely
> numeric?
>
> -A.

 I'm not talking about setting the voicemail password. I'm talking about not
having to put my users' email passwords in the voicemail.conf file.
Asterisk, if I understand correctly, needs each user's email password to
deliver the voicemail, to integrate messaging into the IMAP server. Or it
needs a general user that has rights to deliver and read any mailbox, which
I don't know of existing in Courier.

You said you had done some testing. What model did you use? Did you put each
user's email username and password in the voicemail.conf, or were you able
to come up with a general user for Asterisk to use when delivering every
voicemail?