[asterisk-users] Zap channels staying offhook - restart required

kjcsb kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Fri Jan 26 00:17:21 MST 2007

I have a situation where the two Zap channels on a TDM400 are staying
offhook after a random period of time; it is not (I believe) related to the
FXO side not hanging up. Actually I suspect the server is overheating but I
need to do more analysis.

Anyway, my question is, how do I get the offhook status to reset? So far
only a server reboot works. I tried:
- physically disconnecting the line from the socket
- restarting asterisk
- zap destroy channel and restarting asterisk

Any suggestions on how to avoid a reboot?

Also suggestions on debugging this would be appreciated.

Regards

Cameron