[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail Storage

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Thu Jan 25 20:45:34 MST 2007

David,

According to the imap docs there should be away to set a single user and
password that Asterisk will use for IMAP connections, all that has to be
done then on the IMAP server is give that account full access to each
mailbox. That is according to the docs, I have not got my account to login
as me yet, but I'm still trying :)

On 1/25/07, David Gomillion <david.gomillion at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/07, Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 25 January 2007 4:48 pm, David Gomillion wrote:
> > > Since you've done some work with Courier and Asterisk's IMAP
> > voicemail, is
> > > there a place you documented your findings? I'm interested in merging
> > the
> > > two. Is there any way to do it without having to ask all of my users
> > for
> > > their passwords?
> >
> > There really weren't any findings; I wrote a small patch which corrected
> > how
> > the IMAP connection string was built, but other than that it just
> > worked.
> >
> > As far as not asking all your users for their passwords -- I'm not sure
> > what
> > you mean -- Asterisk needs to know the voicemail passwords, and those
> > are
> > stored in voicemail.conf.  I'm not using IMAP server passwords at all.
>

> I mean that I would like to have a system in place so that Asterisk, as a
> privileged service, can gain access to Courier's IMAP storage. Having to
> keep track of all of our users' passwords in the Asterisk configuration is
> going to provide a ridiculous amount of administration, as we force them to
> change their passwords often in our single-sign on environment.
>

> -A.

Bruce
Nortex Networks