[asterisk-users] dacs support on Digium T1 equipment.

Shane Spencer shane at bogomip.com
Thu Jan 25 18:48:31 MST 2007

Heya everybody.

I have been peering into the code for zaptel for a while now, I am
keenly interested in the dacs support, being able to apparently
redirect certain spans to other spans.  Not sure if this has to be on
the same T1 interface or can be used between T1 interfaces on the same
board or possible two different cards.  Any information on the
functionality of this would be greatly appreciated!  I don' t have the
equipment any more to test it out.

I have been wanting to "bridge" T1 devices together outside of the
dial plan for a long time. However this time I need to be able to
monitor the audio data and call information as well.  I am fine
programming something that can talk to the zaptel drivers, but I need
to know if channels placed into a dacs configuration can be monitored
at all.

If I do what needs to be done with just using a simple dialplan I have
echo concerns, I am wondering how much of a concern echo will be
between two spans placed into a dacs configuration.  I knew if there
is echo I can do nothing about it, asterisk needs to be in the middle
to help adjust that.  If there is a low chance of echo it would save
me quite a bit of money by not requiring echo cancellation capable T1
boards.

Shane R. Spencer