[asterisk-users] IAX softphone fails through PRI trunks with Hangup

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Thu Jan 25 15:47:54 MST 2007

On 25 Jan 2007, at 16:48, Patrick W. Foster wrote:

> I've a call center using IAX softphones provided by a third party.
> We've observed problems where the IAX phones seem unable to use our
> PRI trunks.  A sample anonymized call is provided below with the
> PRI debug calls embedded.  Any thoughts,
> comments or suggestions would be welcome.  In anonymizing it, I
> preseved the format
> and number of digits sent.

Do you have an IAX trace (either etherreal or IAX2 debug ) of a
failed call ?

We had a similar problem in an early version of our  IAX softphone.
When I put the state-machine together I didn't expect the ringing
message _ever_
come after a call is answered.

But it can, if you have

exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Playback(your-call-may-be-recorded-blah-blah)
exten => s,3,Dial(Zap/g1/004416128824245) ; this line can generate a
ringing message....

Tim.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net