[asterisk-users] Cannot xfer parked callers

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Thu Jan 25 13:59:53 MST 2007

Jay,

The proble is in both 1.2.14 and 1.4 the fix mentioned in the bug was added
to the svn revisions of both versions. If you are not wanting to switch from
1.2.14 to 1.2 svn the you can edit the features.c file and add the lines
mentioned in the notes back to the file, then make and make install.

On 1/25/07, Jay Moore <jaymoore at accu-com.com> wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> I'm running 1.2.14.  I am not willing to switch to 1.4 yet due to the
> stability issue.  From what I read on the page you linked, I could not
> find what version had the supposed fix.  I also can't seem to find a
> later 1.2 version of Asterisk (if one exists).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>
> Bruce Reeves wrote:
> > Jay,
> >
> > there is a bug in Mantis regarding this, a change was made to allow
> native
> > bridging of parked calls. The change has been reverted in a more recent
> SVN
> > version of 1.2. See http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8804
> >
> > On 1/25/07, Jay Moore <jaymoore at accu-com.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Here's how it's currently working:
> >>
> >> 1) Call comes in
> >> 2) Operator parks call (700)
> >> 3) Operator picks up call on another phone (701)
> >> 4) Operator tries to transfer to a different phone (we use #0) but the
> >> transfer doesn't work.
> >>
> >> We can transfer initial callers all we want and it works fine.  Once a
> >> call is parked, however, we can no longer transfer the caller.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Jay

Bruce