[asterisk-users] Initial DTMFs arriving too quickly?

Dululu Ululu dululu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 05:18:57 MST 2007

Hi
I've got an Asterisk box connected to a Siemens Hicom 300 using a Digium
TDM400. The Hicom provides the calling extension as DTMF at the beginning of
the call followed by two *, as in 3425** when 3425 calls my extension, I can
hear all 6 tones if I have a handset connected but using Asterisk's Read
application straight after Answer() Asterisk usually only gets the last *,
sometimes the last 2 **. On one occasion it recieved the last 4 tones (25**)
but that happened once only and I've never received all 6 digits

Is there anything about the answer and/or read applications that leads to
Asterisk not catching the first tones sent? In my dial plan Read directly
follows Answer, so there's no other application that could be taking up
time.

Is there anything I can try in order to make sure I get all 6 tones?

Thanks

Dululu