[asterisk-users] Do I need a CH1 licence for Cisco Phones ?

Peter Mitchell petermitchell at westnet.com.au
Thu Jan 25 05:07:17 MST 2007

I've got a question regarding Cisco IP Phones and licencing.

When using a third party PBX like asterisk is a licence required for the
Cisco phones ? Has anyone got anything in writing from Cisco to clarify this
?

Eg can I just use CP-7961G or do I need CP-7961G-CH1 even though I'm not
using Cisco Callmanager ?

HYPERLINK
"http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Exposing+the+Cisco+Call+Manager+License+
Scam"http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Exposing+the+Cisco+Call+Manager+Lice
nse+Scam says no licence required.

Cisco site mentions All Cisco Unified IP phones require the purchase of a
phone technology license, regardless of call protocol being used.

HYPERLINK
"http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet0900
aecd802ff020.html"http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/produc
ts_data_sheet0900aecd802ff020.html