[asterisk-users] Asterisk very slow when internet down

Peter Mitchell petermitchell at westnet.com.au
Thu Jan 25 04:57:59 MST 2007

Has anyone seen this issue with asterisk running like a dog when the
internet is down ?  Internal calls, incoming ISDN calls etc all seem to be
affected.  There is a local DNS server that is always available so I’m not
sure why asterisk is so unresponsive.

I’ve seen this on two different systems, and on 1 of them I commented out my
SIP providers in sip.conf and it ran ok again.

Thanks

Peter.