[asterisk-users] OT: High Quality Wireless Headset for Cisco IP Phones and *

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Thu Jan 25 00:01:08 MST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 02:01:43PM -0600, Tom wrote:
> Has anyone found a high quality wireless headset that works well with
> Cisco 7960 IP phones on an asterisk system?
>
> I tried the vxxi offering but the sound quality was pretty bad.
>
> Since these are pricey, I don't want to sample blindly.

I've got one of the Plantronics bluetooth ones.  It's OK, but
frankly, with bluetooth hardware costing just a couple of bucks,
you would think we should just see bluetooth becoming standard
in every non-budget IP phone.   People already have the headsets
in many cases, and you can go digital all the way, and even
rely on the headset's echo cancellation if you like.

SNOM has a high end phone with this but otherwise it's been
much slower to come than you would think.

Alas, this doesn't really answer your question.