[asterisk-users] Dell Server Question

Nick Whitaker nickwhitaker at rfnow.com
Wed Jan 24 13:05:27 MST 2007

Hi all,

We're planning an Asterisk implementation consisting of two SC1425 Dell
Servers using Digium T1 cards and SATA drives.  The problem I'm having
is the only PCI slot shares an IRQ with the SATA controller.  Any
altering of one device's IRQ takes the other device's IRQ with it in
lockstep.  I've disabled all non-essential integrated devices with no
change.  I'm a little worried about call quality if I can't resolve this
IRQ sharing issue.  So I'm wondering a few things...

1.  Am I missing something with regard to the IRQ configuration?
2.  Should I trust in the motherboard's APIC and quit worrying?
3.  Assuming there is no solution to (1), is anyone else running a
similiar setup with no call quality concerns?

Thanks!
Nick