[asterisk-users] OT - Cisco 7960 functionality

ahester ahester at architel.com
Wed Jan 24 10:48:36 MST 2007

Can anyone point me to info on how to change the functionality of the
SIP (7.4) 7960's.  We previously had an SCCP firmware on the phone and
the users want the phone to work like it used too.  Here are some examples:

The users do not want to push the new call softkey or the speaker button
in order to dial a call.  They want to be able to just begin dialing the
number.

The users do not want to push the answer softkey after they pickup the
handset in order to answer a call.

The users want the transfer softkey on the screen while on a call.
Currently it is acessable via the more softkey.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  I have been looking but
have only found docs on how to use the phone features as they are and
how to use external programs through xml.

Thanks,
Andy