[asterisk-users] OT: High Quality Wireless Headset for Cisco IPPhones and *

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Jan 23 13:33:59 MST 2007

>Plantronics 510SL Bluetooth

We use this on Snom 360's in CAP positions and they work well although the
lifter is a bit of a Rube Goldberg contraption. However, the receptionists
are extremely happy with it, she can walk around almost the entire building
with it and answer calls. One issue we found out if you have a demanding
user then ergonomics come into play. One particular receptionist rejected no
less than a half dozen headset solutions for ergonomic reasons. Two that
stick out were (I kid you not):

1. Over-the-head headset would not be acceptable because it would mess up
her hair. She has really big hair.
2. Most in-ear Bluetooth headsets she rejected because the answer button in
her opinion was too small and she kept missing it. The reason? Her inch-long
fingernails. Brutal.

Another one she rejected was because the ear insert hurt her ear. The insert
would press against the inside of her hear and irritate the multiple, chunky
earrings she insisted on wearing.