[asterisk-users] Re: Dial plan constructions suggestions?

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:15:04 MST 2007

On 1/23/07, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> I appreciate your point, but it's not that hard to avoid having the 9
> prefix at all (in a simple dialplan at least).  So to be honest one
> might as well dump the whole "dial 9" thing completely in the scenario
> you describe?

I originally setup without the 9.  But, here in the US, we have 711 which
interferes with PARK.  We also have 511 in some areas.  I could figure out a
way around everything but the 711.

I guess you could probably get around the PARK situation by starting your
parking spots at 720 or something.  I just went back to the 9.  I use a
custom caller ID lookup database that I was able to just add strip the 9 in
the program itself.

As far as callback, all my numbers are prefixed with a company code to
indicate which company the caller is calling, so my dialplan looks for this
and knows it's an outside call.