[asterisk-users] Re: Can't find asterisk.ctl under CentOS installation

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jan 23 10:20:08 MST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:54:49PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 02:48:07PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
>

> > If I call asterisk -r as root it succeeds, if as another user it will
> > give Devraj's error message. That's probably how it is supposed to
> > work, or not?
>
> Just a thought: shouldn't the asterisk user be allowed write access to
> that control socket? Or maybe the asterisk group?

The asterisk user is allowed, too, of course, the group not (yet).

> (for quick&dirty shell scripts)

I think that makes very much sense. The socket is created by asterisk,
is there a parameter to specify permissions/umask of that socket?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net