[asterisk-users] Dial plan constructions suggestions?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Jan 23 09:02:18 MST 2007

Hi

> There was a thread about this not too long ago, so the archives may
> have a bit more on it...
>
> The way I handle it is by forcing the caller to dial the full number
> starting with zero (normally 10 or 11 digits in the UK - which I'm
> guessing you're from too)

Yes, I use something similar on another box, but there I support shorter
dial codes as well.  It's not to hard to make 8xxxx dial 0208xxxx or
7xxxx dial 0207xxxx, etc.  I happen to also map some of the 1xx codes
across as well.

It's still not a complete solution though because on this other box I
have a business line and a personal line and I send calls to different
lines based on the type of call (or more usually the time of day...).  I
want to have seperate billing basically.  When the call comes in it
makes sense to have the caller tagged with (in my dialplan) "9" for a
personal call, and I use "3" (for no good reason) for my business line.
I actually have one phone which defaults to business line if I don't add
a prefix, another DECT phone which is my personal phone, but I can see
on either where the call is coming from and also force the call to use a
different route just by dialing the prefix.

Basically it's tricky.  I do already use custom ring tones for each
line, so I guess I could drop the prefix, but it's nice to have it so
that I can see at a glance whether it's a business call or not...

Any other suggestions?

Any suggestions on other software than Snap which does callerId lookup
from Thunderbird (not Outlook).  For example is HUDLite ever going to
support Thunderbird...?

Cheers

Ed W