[asterisk-users] stress-test realtime voicemail with sipp

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 08:50:11 MST 2007

As far as I know:

You need to compile sipp with media streaming and authentication or if you
just want first to test you may provide an extension named "service" in the
context defined in general section of your sip conf for external calls
coming to your asterisk server without authentication:

http://sipp.sourceforge.net/doc/reference.html#Installing+SIPp

   - *With PCAP
play<http://sipp.sourceforge.net/doc/reference.html#pcapplay>and
without
   authentication<http://sipp.sourceforge.net/doc/reference.html#authentication>support
   *:

   # gunzip sipp-xxx.tar.gz
   # tar -xvf sipp-xxx.tar
   # cd sipp
   # make pcapplay

   - *With PCAP
play<http://sipp.sourceforge.net/doc/reference.html#pcapplay>and
   authentication<http://sipp.sourceforge.net/doc/reference.html#authentication>support
   *:

   # gunzip sipp-xxx.tar.gz
   # tar -xvf sipp-xxx.tar
   # cd sipp
   # make pcapplay_ossl

Example:

   - Sipp being used as a SIP user agent Client:
      - Call Duration 10000ms
      - Dialing Calls with RTP using ulaw

./sipp -sf uac_pcap.xml -d 10000 192.168.34.6 -trace_err

Where this IP is my * .

Hope this helps,

Plse provid some feedback.

I would like also to learn from community how to understand Load average
results with Top command while incrementing calls dial from sipp to
asterisk, and how to determine max calls on Asterisk. This max calls is
defined when Sipp calls to * starts being discarded?

Best regards,
Marco Mouta