[asterisk-users] stress-test realtime voicemail with sipp

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Jan 23 07:44:02 MST 2007

We are in the process of implementing realtime voicemail. I was wanting
to "stress-test" the system to see if or when it would fall over.

Is it possible to use sipp to create say 250 calls, each of which leaves
a message in the voicemail ?

My dialplan is currently

[default]

exten => stress,1,Answer()
exten => stress,2(vm),Voicemail(7777|su)
exten => stress,3,Hangup()

however, if I use sipp to test this, I get

[Jan 23 14:43:51] WARNING[22782]: app.c:599 __ast_play_and_record: No
audio available on SIP/sipp-b7c274b0??

I suspect that's because sipp itself is not sending audio.

Is there any tricks I can do in the dialplan to get an extension to
answer sipp and then send it to voicemail, but play some audio for the
voicemail ?

Thanks.

Julian.