[asterisk-users] Re: Dial plan constructions suggestions?

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Tue Jan 23 07:20:22 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 06:11 -0700, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
>         Can I ask for some advice on dial-plan construction please
>
>         I have setup my dialplan to use 9 to get a zap trunk, leaving
>         everything
>         else for internal extensions.
>
>         However, this creates a problem in that my callerid is
>         correct, but
>         doesn't work to re-dial the incoming caller.  So if I simply
>         click
>         "missed calls" on my Snom phone and hit redial then it tries
>         to dial an
>         internal extension.
>
>         So I then setup Asterisk to add a "9" to the incoming callerid
>         for all
>         calls which come via the Zap trunk, but now this creates some
>         issues
>         with applications like Snapanumber and perhaps HudLite, which
>         are trying
>         to map the caller ID to numbers in the addressbook (and I
>         don't really
>         want my internal Outlook address books to have everyone listed
>         with a
>         "9" in front of their number)
>
>         How are others handling this?
>
>         I have considered simply dropping the prefix digit and working
>         around
>         any clashes in internal and external numbers (not very hard).

I had the same situation, in that I wanted to be able to use the
Voicemail 'dial back' feature, and had a few phones with internal
CID-based dial features, that I wanted to be allowed to be used. Your
normal context is set up to operate with a '9' (or whatever) in front;
so it is clear that you will need a different context from which to
dial, a context that doesn't have the '9' at the beginning.

For voicemail, the solution is simple; you create a context much like
your normal outgoing context, except, without the '9' in front. Then, in
voicemail.conf, you
make use of:

; dialout=fromvm        ; Context to dial out from [option 4
                        ; from the advanced menu]
                        ; if not listed, dialing out will not be
permitted
; callback=fromvm     ; Context to call back from
                      ;   if not listed, calling the sender back will
not
                      ;   be permitted

by declaring your mailbox as so:

80 => 5555,Alex Murphy,,,callback=fromvmhome|dialout=fromvmhome|
saycid=yes|tz=mountain|review=yes

(stupid mail package folds lines!)

---

For those phones with a CID list of their own, and autodialers, you
merely associate them with a context that allows that... in zapata.conf,
you might set up:

context = fromSeanUniden
callerid="UnidenPowerMax2.4Ghz"<5>
channel => 5

Or whatever's appropriate for your setup. The main idea is to set the
'context' so something special for that phone.

---

hope this helps...!

murf