[asterisk-users] PRI/Q.sig between Cisco & Nortel

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Tue Jan 23 05:37:00 MST 2007

Hello,

  I am using a Cisco-2,811 as a gateway between the Asterisk PBX and our Nortel
TX-1 university's PBX. It is working but no names are exchanged. From the debug
mode I see that the Cisco sends the display name (which does not appear on the
Nortel's phones) and the Nortel does not bother to send it at all.

  I recall that when I had a pilot with Cisco CCM two years ago we had to set
the siganlling to ESGF on the Nortel and use MGCP on Cisco (since MGCP protocol
forces the Cisco to use ESGF signalling). We could not use H.323 as it forces
the Cisco to use ISGF. I suspect that SIP is the same, but setting ISGF
signalling on Nortel doesn't help.

  Anyone had some luck with this configuration?

                                           Thanks, __Yehavi: