[asterisk-users] 7 points of comparison Polycom 430/501 and Aastra 480i. Which one to choose ?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Jan 23 03:19:20 MST 2007

> On 1/22/07, Vikas <topgun9 at gmail.com> wrote: I need to provide a 80
> people office with VOIP.
>
> I want to commit to one vendor Polycom or Aastra. Price of the phones
> is not a factor in the decision. The quality of the phones is the
> factor.
>
> Some of the features that I am evaluating on are: (arranged in order
> of priority)
> 1. Sound quality
> 2. complete product line with conference phone and receptionist phone
> (not on Aastra)
> 3. cordless (not on 501/430)
> 4. backlit LCD (not on 501/430)
> 5. Inbuilt POE (not on 501)
> 6. speaker phone
> 7. 2 network ports.
>
> Which one will you choose ?

Get a couple of each phone and live with it for a week.
You will soon find which one you like. Then repeat the process
with a couple of 'decision makers'.

Helpful though this list is, it can't take into account local factors
like
desk size, nature of business, office environment etc all of which
play into the choice of phone.

Perhaps you should be looking at the SNOM too ?

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/