[asterisk-users] Streaming audio file while working in background ?

Darren Nay dnay at xennsoft.com
Mon Jan 22 16:58:39 MST 2007

Hey All,

Is there an app available, or another method, to stream an audio file to
a caller while performing additional actions in the background?
Regardless of whether DTMF is received or not from the caller.  I had
originally thought that I could use the "Background" app for this but
after further investigation found that Background is primarily for
playing audio and waiting for DTMF, and it seems it won't do what I need
in this situation.

Ideally I would like to be able to play an audio file to the caller
while making outbound calls in the background (via the Dial app) and
then discontinue the audio file stream and bridge the calls once an
outbound call is connected.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this with * ?

Thanks in advance,

Darren Nay