[asterisk-users] how can PRI, BRI and analog cards achieve a synchronous clock / timing

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Fri Jan 19 12:46:55 MST 2007

hello list,

i have a problem regarding the synchronisity (clock source) when using
multiple cards.
e.g. when having connected one PRI port of our TE410P to the telco, i
need to have the analog card like the TDM400P or a B410P synchronous to
the clock of our telco provider. otherwise faxing on the analog cards
does not work or i get cracking noise or even hangups on my BRI lines,
due to bit slips.
as long as the ports are on the same pci-card, they're synchronous, but
not when one has to use another card (e.g. having a PRI telco line and
some analog fax machines or some BRI ISDN equipment served by asterisk)

junghanns or beronet have a solution for this (PCM port on the card;
they can even switch the voicedata over this bus), but i can't find any
solution for digium cards.

i've found a timing connector on the TE410P. can this somehow be utilized?

is there another (software) solution?

am i the only one with this problem (haven't found anything about this
on the mailing list)

thanks
  frank sautter