[asterisk-users] Re: Background + Dial

Chris Earle cearle at cbltech.ca
Fri Jan 19 10:37:22 MST 2007

Hmm...I have just noticed this issue as well

I want the background command to play soundfiles while the dialplan moves on
and is dialing a number of zap channels etc...

It plays, but essentially ends up being no different than Playback() ....

I note now before posting this, that the Background is intended to ALLOW
caller input (as in an IVR) while sound is playing ............ I guess I am
confused as to the Background command's purpose ...

Any ideas for what I want to do ?

--
Chris

<gaspard.laurent at tiscali.fr> wrote in message
news:J1IPTC$73E6D55FA8CEB90A36CAA342C5CFC73B at aliceadsl.fr...
Thanks for your reply,

But I want to have an interactive menu, not just a music.
So, the customer can have information menu while he's
waiting the call is answer.
I'dont now if it's possible with MoH.

Thanks a lot

Cc          :
Date      : Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:58:26 +0700
Subject : RE: [Asterisk-Users] Background + Dial

Hi GL

Pls. config MOH and use Dial command with "m" option.
This will allow you execute Dial command while providing
Music in the
background.

Hope it help

Hoa Thai Duy