[asterisk-users] NAT solutions

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:23:40 MST 2007

Bernardo Vieira wrote:

>> Bernardo,
>>
>> Just a thought:  Try using a different SIP port for one of the
>> extensions, if possible.
>>
>> Bob...
>>
> Bob,
> Tanks for the tip. I had actually done that before, as a matte of fact
> that's the solution I have in place now. The thing is, even though it
> works it is not exactly the best solution as it forces some non-standard
> configuration on the clients. It's not my case, but imagine  the hassled
> it would impose in an ITSP environment.
>
> Bernardo

Bernardo,

Yes.

I have a home system running on Trixbox with an ITSP that provides two
channels, but I can only register one of them as I cannot register twice
on port 5060 with one IP address at each end.  Both DIDs work, I just
cannot determine which one a call is coming in on.  The ITSP always
reports the DID I registered last.  The other drawback is the inability
off-load the media path.

Bob...