[asterisk-users] NAT solutions

Voip Asterisk asterisk at wideideas.com
Thu Jan 18 21:10:23 MST 2007

I know that NAT is something no one really likes to talk about, but does
anyone know how work with it elegantly?  There are many providers which deal
with it on a daily basis in fact they cater to it, is this possible to do
with asterisk or does it require other exotic setups?  I even know of a
provider which uses asterisk with many different types of devices, and they
handle all NAT config on their end even to the point of deciding to stay in
the media stream or not  (ie when two endpoints are behind NAT you almost
have to stay in the media stream unless you got it figured out like skype
does).  What is the best way to work with NAT, and build a production
system?

exo