[asterisk-users] Echo...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Jan 18 15:24:34 MST 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Wireless wrote:

> should have sent this to the list, Gordon how are you getting on with BT?

Badly.

However out of 2 separate systems for that particular client with 9
incominf BT lines over 3 boxes, only 1 line has this really bad problem,
and we've swapped out boards, fiddles with fxotune and other settings so
my client is happy that it's not an issue with the box (so will buy more!)
and it so happens that that particular site is moving very soon anyway, so
we'll have another bite at the pie with new lines from BT and so on, so
one way or another the problem is going to go away!

It's just a shame that the problems were so bad on that line it made it
almost unusable.

It's a relatively new unit on an industrial site on the edge of a town
FWIW - the company saidthat BT didn't spent more than a few hours bringing
the cabling into it and punching down the sockets, so who knows what it's
really like. I checked all the wiring from the DP to the sockets and that
was reasonable, but theres no way to check the cabling from the DP back to
the street cab, or further on, alas.

Thanks,

Gordon