[asterisk-users] Re: FW: Realtime Voicemail Password Change Not Working

Jesse Peterson jesse.peterson at exbiblio.com
Thu Jan 18 12:23:56 MST 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 11:00 AM, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:55:50 -0700
> From: "David Thomas" <punknow at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] FW: Realtime Voicemail Password Change
> 	Not	Working
> To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
> 	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
> On 1/17/07, JR Richardson <jmr.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm using asterisk 1.2.9.1 and mysql 3.23, asterisk add-ons 1.2.3.
>>> All seems to work normally with realtime voicemail, reads vmbox
>>> parameters from the db fine.  When I try to change the password,
>>> asterisk operates normally, "enter new password" ok, "re-enter new
>>> password" ok, "password has been changed"
>>>
>>> There are no entries in the mysql.log setting the new password in
>>> the
>>> database.  How can I isolate between asterisk, realtime driver, and
>>> mysql?
>>
>> I updated to asterisk 1.2.14 and add-ons 1.2.5 with no luck.  I
>> still don't
>> see any update statement in the mysql.log when I change a
>> password.  I built
>> a vmbox in the voicemail.conf file and can change that password
>> just fine.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> JR,
>
> I'm just pulling things out of the air here, but if realtime voicemail
> works like realtime users/peers, loading everything into memory from
> MySQL, then there would need to be some type or prune command to force
> the re-read of the voicemail table, this is asuming you change the
> password via MySQL and not on the handset. Maybe something like DBput
> would work to update astdb as well. Again just throwing out ideas...
>
> It sounds like you are using the handset to update the password. Is
> this correct?

I can confirm that I also have this issue.  For the record I can
confirm that the PIN is not changed in the Mysql DB.  I think,
however, that I don't have a "uniqueid" column.  Maybe check this out:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8758

Thanks,
- Jesse