[asterisk-users] RE: Realtime Voicemail Password Change Not Working

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 06:55:02 MST 2007

> Interesting, well if you're seeing the other selects in the mysql.log
> then this update not showing up is bizarre. It would also mean that
> permissions are irrelevant if doesn't even attempt to change the
> password, as you'd rightly pointed out as well. I just tested it again
> and this is what I see in the odbc sql.log
>
> SQL = [UPDATE vmusers SET password=? WHERE uniqueid=?][length = 46
> (SQL_NTS)]
>
> So it definately spits out something but my setup is considerably
> different to yours. I am using ODBC -> FreeTDS -> MS SQL Server for
> starters. There's nothing out of the oridinary in my voicemail.conf.
> What I do remember is some conversation sometime about the file
> locking fix that was put in or was being talked about regards to
> people using static files and multiple people trying to change their
> passwords. Just checking if you've compiled (*) clean without any mods
> to the code etc. I mean I have made mods to app_voicemail.c but
> nothing that affects passwords. Just for giggles, have you tried doing
> "realtime update voicemail mailbox 1234 password 2345" ? I know you
> said that your db updates for regsecs, ip address etc is working but
> try specifically writing to your voicemail table and see if you are
> able to manually update the password. At least that way you can just
> focus on seeing why the password code is not being triggered in the
> (*) code when using MySQL. Sorry I cna't think of anything else to
> suggest at the moment.

I was able to update the password through the dialplan with this:
exten => 5555,1,MYSQL(Connect connid 127.0.0.1 pbx pbx pbxdb)
exten => 5555,2,MYSQL(Query resultid ${connid} UPDATE\ voicemail\ SET\
password=1111\ where\ mailbox=52007)
exten => 5555,3,MYSQL(Clear ${resultid})
exten => 5555,4,MYSQL(Disconnect ${connid})
exten => 5555,5,Hangup

Finaly I got an update statement in the mysql log:
12 Query       UPDATE voicemail SET password=1111 where mailbox=52007

So these results suggest that mysql, voicemail table, and the res_mysql
adddon are working fine.  It suggests that app_voicemail is not passing the
update statement to the res_mysql driver.

This was a clean install, nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks.

JR