[asterisk-users] Asterisk not hanging up

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Jan 18 05:09:01 MST 2007

Ed W wrote:

> I have a problem with calls not hanging up if for some reason the
> physical phone dies or gets unplugged

Have you tried the RTP timeout settings in sip.conf?

;--------------------------- RTP timers ----------------------------------------------------
; These timers are currently used for both audio and video streams. The RTP timeouts
; are only applied to the audio channel.
; The settings are settable in the global section as well as per device
;
;rtptimeout=60        ; Terminate call if 60 seconds of no RTP or RTCP activity
                      ; on the audio channel
                      ; when we're not on hold. This is to be able to hangup
                      ; a call in the case of a phone disappearing from the net,
                      ; like a powerloss or grandma tripping over a cable.
;rtpholdtimeout=300   ; Terminate call if 300 seconds of no RTP or RTCP activity
                      ; on the audio channel
                      ; when we're on hold (must be > rtptimeout)
;rtpkeepalive=<secs>  ; Send keepalives in the RTP stream to keep NAT open
                      ; (default is off - zero)

Best regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.