[asterisk-users] help. newbie asterisk installation problem.

vivek at staff.ownmail.com vivek at staff.ownmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:47:12 MST 2007

Hello friends,
I am trying to install asterisk 1.4.0 . I am configuring it as follows:-
./configure  --prefix=/home/vivek/downloads/install/asterisk/

But still while running 'make install', it tries to install it in
/var/lib/asterisk/ and stops because of failing permissions.

I have provided it a prefix, But it doesn't install it there.
Can anybody tell me the solution for this. I dont want to install it in the
default directories. I want it to be in my home directory.

With warm regards.

Vivek J. Joshi.

vivek at staff.ownmail.com
Trikon Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
                -- Ernest Rutherford