[asterisk-users] Rt db lookup

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:18:03 MST 2007

On 1/17/07, Tim Connolly <tconnolly at theplanet.com> wrote:
> Okay. That doesn't help. What forces * to look at the DB rather than
> waiting on a registration ?

To my knowledge, the only two ways to do this is...

1.) To create a SIP or IAX trunk between each box that needs to
communicate then add the login to your dialplan in extensions.conf to
use those trunks when the call cannot be completed locally.

2.) To create a SIP or IAX trunk between each box that needs to
communicate then configure DUNDi to handle the extension location.

As far as registration and Realtime is concerned... have a look at the
rtcachefriends option in sip.conf & iax.conf.

Hope this helps.

- David