[asterisk-users] FW: Realtime Voicemail Password Change Not Working

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 09:55:50 MST 2007

On 1/17/07, JR Richardson <jmr.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm using asterisk 1.2.9.1 and mysql 3.23, asterisk add-ons 1.2.3.
> > All seems to work normally with realtime voicemail, reads vmbox
> > parameters from the db fine.  When I try to change the password,
> > asterisk operates normally, "enter new password" ok, "re-enter new
> > password" ok, "password has been changed"
> >
> > There are no entries in the mysql.log setting the new password in the
> > database.  How can I isolate between asterisk, realtime driver, and
> > mysql?
>
> I updated to asterisk 1.2.14 and add-ons 1.2.5 with no luck.  I still don't
> see any update statement in the mysql.log when I change a password.  I built
> a vmbox in the voicemail.conf file and can change that password just fine.
> Any suggestions?

JR,

I'm just pulling things out of the air here, but if realtime voicemail
works like realtime users/peers, loading everything into memory from
MySQL, then there would need to be some type or prune command to force
the re-read of the voicemail table, this is asuming you change the
password via MySQL and not on the handset. Maybe something like DBput
would work to update astdb as well. Again just throwing out ideas...

It sounds like you are using the handset to update the password. Is
this correct?

Regards,
David