[asterisk-users] Really Big Queues

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Wed Jan 17 07:00:30 MST 2007

Hello Chris,
we have a number of clients who deployed very large CCs over the 200 agent
range.

Your idea #1 is pretty sound and I believe that's what most people are
doing. I would like to add a couple of points of attention:
- having hundreds of agents on a box means a lot of synchronous audio
flowing in and out, so you don't want to save on the ethernet hardware :)
- think about a passive SIP monitoring for call recording, so that you can
have a different box (or set of boxes) to handle that without slowing down
the overtaxed ethernet connections of the queueing servers.
I hope this helps,
l.

--
Home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.loway.it