[asterisk-users] SPA-941 (and others ) Transmit Sound Quality

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 04:10:00 MST 2007

Hi guys,

I got also problems with SPA 941 and 942, pour sound (a kind of click noise)
that when i set volume sound lower almost can't notice, but still exists.

I also notice on SIP to SIP calls , echo that could only be justified by
Handsets hardware quality. When i make calls using Xlite with Plantronics
DSP 400 USB micro and headset everything works like a charm.

I've been told, by some one with longer experience with CISCO phones 7960
that if some one try to just replace in the handset the microphone inside
with one form a cheaper traditional phone will get this VoIp hardphone
working perfect.

But in my case i didn't try that. If someone has a SPA942 on their own lab
and can try this without damaging the phone would be nice info to share, I
believe!

Best regards,
Marco Mouta