[asterisk-users] Audiocodes Mediant 1000, Polycom, and no ringback on transfer

James Texter james.texter at cox.net
Tue Jan 16 16:49:54 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 15:26 -0600, David Gomillion wrote:
"I don't think you can do that. Here's why: on the Polycom's, the
Transfer button doesn't reappear until the transferree picks up the
phone. Unless something changed in the firmware recently. But, if you're
completing it before the 3rd party answers, it's not an attended
transfer."

I found it all depends on the dialplan, and the sip.cfg for the phone.
If you call Answer() before Dial(), it will allow it.  There is also a
setting in sip.cfg for the phones,
voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding that I think allows that as well.

I should have mentioned in my original post, but MOH works just fine.
When I complete the transfer, the MOH stops, and that's when the dead
air starts.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks,

James