[asterisk-users] Ring tone too loud on IAX channel

Russell Horn albanach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:33:23 MST 2007

Hi,

We are using MozIAX as a softphone with a USB headset and are making
outbound calls using IAX with ulaw encoding to our voip provider.
We're running asterisk 1.4

Users are complaining that the ring tone generated by asterisk is much
louder than the voice call once connected. They are having to turn the
volume down to avoid being deafened by the ring tone, but then have an
unacceptably low volume for the voice call.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here, or steps I could
take to address it?

Thanks,

Russell.