[asterisk-users] How to detect long calls

Cullin J. Wible cwible at algorim.com
Tue Jan 16 12:46:29 MST 2007

You should:

Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=14400)

When the call is received - this will set the maximum limit of a call and
asterisk will force hang-up when the limit is reached.

14400 seconds = 4 hours, which for our purposes is longer then any call we
expect. Even if you double-it or set it to several days some limit is better
then nothing.

When we found the same problem we had a call that was stuck open for 20
days. The call was stuck in a conference and was sending the on-hold music,
which is what kept it open.

Hope that helps.

Cullin J. Wible