[asterisk-users] IAX Trunk timing

Andy Hester ahester at architel.com
Tue Jan 16 07:45:13 MST 2007

I have read that an IAX trunk requires a timing device.  What wasn't
clear to me was whether it is like TDM ie 1 timing device for the trunk,
or if each end requires a timing device.  I have a zaptel card in one
server; do I have to have one in the second server in order to do an IAX
trunk?

I set up a trunk and so far calls can be made one way, but not the
other.  It is probably just not configured correctly, but I just wanted
to make sure as I can't seem to find any reason at the moment.

Thanks,
Andy