[asterisk-users] TDM2400 Hardware Echo Cancel

Adam Sharples AdamSharples at iitac.com
Tue Jan 16 06:59:43 MST 2007

Good Day List,

I'm having some issues with echo cancel on my Asterisk box, and have
done
extensive reading and have gained some useful pointers from this list
but have a couple of hopefully fairly simple questions.
The Asterisk box is connected via 20 FXO ports on a TDM2400 with the
Hardware echo cancel module.  Echo cancel almost works, but the users
hear
what they describe as a 'crackle' coming back when they talk.

I want to tune to echo canceller, but am unsure if any of the options
provided have any effect on the hardware module.  Do the settings such
as
echocancel and echotraining in Zapata.conf affect the hardware module?

Would I be better removing the hardware module and tuning the software
echo
canceller?

The asterisk box is currently running 1.2.13, with zaptel 1.2.  Would
you
advise upgrading to the newer Zaptel drivers?  I don't want to upgrade
Asterisk itself just yet.

Any help or pointers to documentation regarding the hardware echo cancel
module would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Adam Sharples