[asterisk-users] OT: Quad-band cellphones with wifi & stable sip support

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Tue Jan 16 03:21:48 MST 2007

On 15 Jan 2007, at 06:01, Tomer Horn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking to purchase a new quad-band cellphone and I'm looking
> for one with WiFi and enough CPU power for stable SIP calls. I was
> wondering if anyone here can share his experience and recommend on
> a good cellphone. Any chance there is such a phone with even good
> WiFi profiles management or am I asking for too much now? :-)

The nokia e60 is ok. (Much better than the original zyxel wifi phone)

I found the configuration a struggle, but part of that was my fault,
I couldn't
see the difference between upper and lower case 'w's in the default
nokia
font!

I was pleasantly surprised by it, but it is still a first generation
solution, to be
given to early adopters and technophiles.

I lived with it for a week, and the only thing I can't cope with is
that it isn't
a clamshell.

Tim.

Tim Panton