[asterisk-users] Possibility to catch DTMF when 2 users are in a conversation

Antoine Fressancourt af.devlist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 02:47:03 MST 2007

2007/1/16, Leo Ann Boon <leo at datvoiz.com>:

> Antoine Fressancourt wrote:
> > I will sum up the results of my investigations :
> > - When canreinvite is set to "yes", I manage to make a video call
> > between the 2 parties, when I emit a DTMF signal, it triggers the
> > playback of a sound clip correctly, but I can't playback a video clip.
> What's the format of the video clip? I don't think Asterisk supports all
> formats. And, shouldn't it be canreinvite='no'?

My video is tested against my Asterisk and softphones, by doing a  plain old
call to a Playback extension playing this video.

> - When canreinvite is set to "no", The DTMF I emit is not detected by
> > Asterisk, although I see the SIP INFO message in the SIP debug
> > messages of Asterisk.
> >
> Should be canreinvite='yes'. This might be a bug. On the other hand, in
> your case, even if Asterisk did detected the messages. Without being in
> the media path, it still won't be able to playback video to the endpoint.

According to me, that's the point. I don't really mind having canreinvite
set to "yes" or "no" for now. If canreinvite is set to "no", then Asterisk
can't inject video in the ongoing session. If canreinvite is set to "yes",
then the fact that Asterisk is not in the media path should not be a problem
as it can perform a reinvitation to enter this path. So the problem remains.

Thank you for your answers.

Antoine