[asterisk-users] connecting 2 asterisk servers through OpenVPN

O.Kamal okamalo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:28:14 MST 2007

I am trying to connect 2 asterisk servers through OpenVPN, the VPN should
carry 16 channel, however when active channels reached 4 concurrent
channels, the connection became unstable, with a very high latency (around
900ms), the internet bandwidth is 1Mbps on each server, I have upgraded the
bandwidth to double it, but still have exactly the same problem.

Any tips or recommendations on such setup?

I am using SIP and G729 between the 2 servers, openVPN using UDP with no
compression.

Thanks,
O.Youssef