[asterisk-users] E&M ?

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Jan 15 07:45:15 MST 2007

>     When I send a call from my TE410P using E&M, the legacy
> PBX answers the call but doesn't route it.

> Any suggestions on what config settings to muck with?

Do you have PRI ISDN or inband signaling trunks?
Either way, it would be zapata.conf configs that would be the issue.

>     zapata.conf
> [trunkgroups]
> spanmap => 1,1,1
> spanmap => 3,2,3
>
> [channels]
> switchtype=5ess
> signaling=em_w

If it is inband signaling trunks, have you tried to use 'em' instead of
'em_w'? The 'w' is telling asterisk to wait for a wink before sending
the digits. Perhaps the legacy PBX is not sending the wink.

Also, I believe (but may be wrong) that the 'trunksgroups' section is
for ISDN. Switchtype is only for PRI ISDN so is not needed for inband
signaling.

Don Pobanz